VIOLIN IN-06: Suzuki Violin School, Volume 1 - Book/CD (Item #48722)
The Suzuki Method® of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the "mother-tongue" approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Violin School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and works with their Suzuki violin teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person.
This Suzuki Book & CD is integral for Suzuki violin lessons. This revised edition of the Suzuki Violin School, Volume 1 Features:
- Engravings in a 9" x 12" format
- New editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
- 16 additional pages
- Additional exercises, some from Shinichi Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
- Glossary of terms in English, French, German, and Spanish
- Musical notation guide
- Fingerboard position
- CD features new recordings by Hilary Hahn in collaboration with pianist Natalie Zhu, as well as piano accompaniment only tracks for play-along purposes.
TITLES: Principles of Study and Guidance * Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Variations (Suzuki) * Lightly Row (Folk Song) * Song of the Wind (Folk Song) * Go Tell Aunt Rhody (Folk Song) * O Come, Little Children (Folk Song) * May Song (Folk Song) * Long, Long Ago (Bayly) * Allegro (Suzuki) * Perpetual Motion (Suzuki) * Allegretto (Suzuki) * Andantino (Suzuki) * Etude (Suzuki) * Minuet 1, Minuett III from Suite in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 822 (Bach) * Minuet 2, Minuet, BWV Anh. II 116 from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach (Bach) * Minuet 3, Minuet BWV Anh. II 114 / Anh. III 183 (Bach) * The Happy Farmer from Album for the Young, Op. 68, No. 10 (Schumann) * Gavotte (Gossec).
- Since 2005, Music Infusion customers know they can trust the QUALITY & VALUE of the hundreds of Music & Pro Audio items available for purchase on our website.
- We ALSO offer "Special Order Savings" via our access to 700+ BRANDS representing an ADDITIONAL 300,000+ products!
- Become a "Music Infusion Perks Club Member" and we'll do the HUNTING & DEAL-MAKING FOR YOU via our Special Order Savings Service. Get Exclusive Sales, too!